Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Class Dojo

For my one of my Masters classes, I have been asked to share a few technology resources through my blog. I have learned about so many amazing applications and resources throughout this class and recently we have decided to implement one that enables you to manage behavior as well as track the positive and negative redirections within your classroom. It is called "Class Dojo." https://www.classdojo.com/

 
In my classroom we use this application specifically for our centers rotations. The best part about the application is that you can set it up and create your own "rules" for point additions and deductions. In my classroom we currently have it set up so that if a scholar gains a point you can categorize the point for either "working hard" "being nice" or "being safe" as these align to our KIPP values. However I know that other campuses have different rules and language, which is why it is great that Dojo allows you to select how you will categorize the point addition or deduction.

In addition, it has been an engaging way for our classroom to get back to their academic learning time independently. My co-teacher and I can also operate the class Dojo from our iPhones through the mobile application, that way each of us has access and we can redirect behaviors and choices with just the tap of a finger. The board does everything including alerting the scholar and giving them the reason for why they gained or lost their dojo point.

The application is also able to be viewed by parents and influencers at the end of each day. All they will need to do is just log into the class portal and they will be able to see where their scholar was during centers for that specific time of the day. This has enabled our classroom to get back on track in a way that is fun and engaging for scholars. I hope this is something you find helpful for your classroom!

4 comments:

  1. dtrhghjjdhennngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

    ReplyDelete